Saturday, May 13, 2017

Keeping it under control

Hello. For ages now I have been buying Aldi cheese, the big blocks for £1.45, and always the extra mature cheddar because I like tasty cheese. I was eating too much of it, nibbling it every time I opened the fridge door. It had to stop. The fact that they increased the price, it shot up to £1.75, was another reason to cut down on my cheese habit. I started studying cheeses, prices and different varieties, and found other alternatives, so no more big blocks of extra mature cheddar. 
Last week I popped into the local Spar shop on my way back from the vet, to see if they had any reductions. They never have much here, but worth a look if passing. I found this pack reduced to 80p. The sticker covered the label so I peeled it back to see which kind it was. Luckily extra mature cheddar. I don't like mild cheese at all, might as well eat a packet of lard. 
So, a much smaller pack for 80p. I tried it, and my goodness is it tasty. I thought it would be similar to the Aldi stuff, but it isn't, it's ten times better. I won't be scoffing loads though because it's doubtful that I will find any more like this reduced, and I won't be paying full price for it. Just as well, I don't want to get hooked on it. Hard cheese is now in the same category as chocolate, only buy it when it is on special offer or reduced. A treat rather than a must have. By the way, Aldi have their big blocks on offer at the moment, at £1.50 something. I won't be buying it.  
This is the next stage of my latest artwork, the embroidered circles. I have used a piece of recycled snooker table green baize as the backing. Looking good so far.

The lawns need mowing, it rained yesterday, they might be dry enough to mow today. Last time I did it I raised the blade on the mower, but I'm going to lower it again because I like a close cut. Don't have to do it so often then, it saves me time and electricity.

I'm getting all excited about sandwiches now, thank you for your suggestions. Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your weekend. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Keeping it under control
4/ 5
Oleh