Friday, May 12, 2017

Do you have a recipe for that?

Hello. Sometimes it's just so easy to make a sandwich when you don't want to go the whole kabooble and cook a meal. The fillings can be anything you fancy, or anything you happen to have in your fridge or cupboard. Yes, there are the well know recipes for sandwiches, cheese and pickle, ham and mustard, egg and cress, everyone has heard of those,  I find regular sandwiches boring, and like to try new combinations of fillings.

The prepacked sandwiches you see in shops just don't appeal to me at all. They have a shelf life and are packed in boxes so they end up flat with all the filling  squished out and the bread very soggy. Even if I am hungry I can't bring myself to buy them.

I went to town this morning and when I came back I made a sandwich lunch. I eat mine with a knife and fork because I pile so much into them. Far easier to cut them up into bite size pieces.

My sandwich recipe for today is two slices of multigrain bread, spread with cream cheese. Slices of cucumber, two fried eggs, spinach leaves, and a dollop of mayo. It was very filling.

Sandwiches are also called butties and sarnies, I'm sure there are other names for them. If they are made with a bread roll they are called baps or barm cakes, or cobs.

If you want any ideas for sandwiches take a look at this Wiki page. There are sandwiches from all around the world.

So, what's your recipe for a tasty sandwich? What kind of bread do you use? How often do you eat sandwiches? Do you buy them out or make your own? Share your ideas.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon. Toodle pip

Related Posts

Do you have a recipe for that?
4/ 5
Oleh