Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Llanfair etc, and Llandudno

Hello. Here we are on the last day of the holiday, well actually Sunday was supposed to be the last day, but after a look round Llandudno I decided to head back on Saturday. Before leaving Anglesey I needed to pop into Llanfair thingymajig, to get a pic of the famous long name at the station. There is a large car park which belongs to the big department store on the same site. Signs everywhere saying it is for customers only. I only wanted to stop for ten minutes so I took a chance that they would not check number plates. After I took the photo's I did actually buy something there, so technically I was a customer. 
Picture this, a massive car park almost empty. I chose a bay at the end of a row, empty space to my left, because I don't want to get my car door bashed by inconsiderate drivers. Someone pulled in right next to me and filled the space. Why did he do that! I started my engine and moved a few feet to my right to leave a bigger gap between us. Big bloke gets out and thanks me for giving him more room to open his door. For goodness sake, he had the whole of the car park to chose from, what a dipstick. 

And if you can's say it, try this. Double Dutch to me. I think most people use the shortened version.

My last port of call was Llandudno. I thought I might stay here the night, but when I arrived there were thousands of holiday makers and day trippers. Chose the wrong day really, it was bound to be busy on a Saturday. The streets were chocablock with parked cars, I went in a car park and paid £1 for two hours, and had a look around. I didn't enjoy it, my first thought was to get the heck out of there. It was dull and overcast and threatening to rain. As I drove out of the town along the promenade the traffic wasn't so bad and there was free parking on the left so I decided to dump the car there and walk back along the prom.


Lots of very large hotels.


Heading towards the pier. Weather still a bit mizzley but at least it didn't chuck it down.

I decided to take a walk up the Great Orme, following signs for Happy Valley.


Good views. The prom there in the distance.


The higher I went the better the views.


There is a Swiss Chalet style cafe and shop, an artificial ski slope, a snowboard slope, and a toboggan run. These were very popular, everyone enjoying themselves despite the cool and breezy weather.


Climb a bit higher.

Fantastic views from up here. No cable cars running today, closed because of wind I imagine.

The Happy Valley gardens were very pretty, plenty of benches to sit down and rest for a few minutes.

This is a good site for more photo's of the Trail.

Once back in the town I found the Tramway Station. It was very busy, people queuing to get on.

Off it goes up the hill.

Still people waiting to get on the next one. Too busy for me, I hate queuing.

It was 3.45pm when I got back to my car, what to do now? Too early to find a room, so I set off towards home, with the intention of calling in to see John on the way. I didn't know if he was going to be there or not, yep, he was in as you know, we had a laugh, he was getting ready to go out, so I carried on. I needed petrol so stopped for that, I rang my friend Lin at Ellesmere Port and she said she was in. I had originally said I would be there on the Sunday, but as I couldn't think of anywhere else I wanted to go it seemed a good place to end the day. It was smashing to see her again, we had a lot to talk about over a couple of beers. A good end to the holiday.

It was a smashing holiday. I might go to Wales again at some point in the future, the scenery is great, and there are lots of places of interest to visit.

The weather has been hot hot hot today, plenty to do in the garden. In fact it's half past seven, still sunny, and I am going back out there to do a bit of hedge trimming. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Llanfair etc, and Llandudno
4/ 5
Oleh