Friday, May 26, 2017

Making art out of a tennis racquet

Hello. I'm having to choose the times I go outside because it's swelteringly hot out there. Early morning is best when the sun is behind the trees, then late afternoon early evening when the sun is over the other side of the house. I'm halfway through painting the garage doors, and have painted a couple of pots. The lawns are mowed, and the wheelie bin is full of hedge trimmings, and they don't collect it until Wednesday. I did my walk last night at 9pm, nice and cool. 
Sounds daft but the hot weather is keeping me indoors, but hey, I've been getting on with this tennis racquet project and now it's finished. You may remember I bought it for £1 at a car boot sale a few months back. 

 Make a template out of paper and check if I have made enough embroidered circles.

Wrap the frame of the racquet in strips of red velvet, and add white/silver wool.

A piece of snooker table green baize for the background, with strips of green fabric machined on.

Arrange circles and hand stitch them on, using the same stitching adding to the designs already there. Sequins and beads then added to make it sparkly.

I backed the green baize with a piece of old blanket to make it thicker.

Pin it in place and hand sew it together with tiny green stitches. Silver sequins and tiny yellow beads decorate the frame. The back is completely covered with a piece of red felt.








I'm well chuffed with this, it's exactly how I pictured it when I thought of the idea. It reminds me of sea anenomies swaying in a gentle flowing rock pool.

The weekend is here, and it's a Bank Holiday, enjoy. I hope you are all keeping up with your walking, I am ahead in miles but still aiming to get out most days. I feel as if I am cheating if I do not walk. Thank you to Elaine for the package, the fabric is lovely and will be used for something special.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Making art out of a tennis racquet
4/ 5
Oleh