Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A bimble around the Horseshoe Falls

Hello, and goodbye to Squirrels Guest House in Llangollen. Lilian Speake is the perfect host and her house is lovely. We chatted for ages, I think I have a new friend, and she has a ginger cat just like Bugsy. If anyone needs accommodation in Llangollen give her a call, number on the web site.

So, after breakfast I checked out and drove the short distance to Horseshoe Falls to have a look around. The river flows pretty rapidly at this point.



I took a short walk down the canal and came to the Chain Bridge Hotel, named after the river crossing just there. 
It looks very posh, probably very expensive to stay there. I was chatting to some people who said it is a favourite wedding venue.

On the other side of the river is the train station, and as luck would have it the train arrived from Llangollen, so another chance to snap this beauty.

I had a little bimble around the area and took a few snaps.

Howzabout that for a venue. It has absolutely no gardens with it, sandwiched between the canal tow path and the river, with the constant noise of the water rushing by.


I like arch bridges.


This is the station taken from the lower bridge.


After a couple of hours here, I went on to Port Meirion, about an hour and a half drive away. I took loads of pictures there, it was a brilliantly amazing place. I'm going to save them till I get home. Something to look forward to, but worth waiting for. Dead lucky with the weather today, sunny, blue skies, and warm. perfect.

It's late now and time for bed. I am in a B & B at Caernarfon, had a quick look round the town,  tomorrow the Menai bridge to Anglessey. Oooh, all excited.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip


Related Posts

A bimble around the Horseshoe Falls
4/ 5
Oleh