Friday, April 21, 2017

Meeting Jordon.

Hello. Here we are, two money saving experts at opposite ends of our lives, and both of us striving to make our own lives the very best we can. I am bimbling along towards the close and have years of experience, and Jordon is starting out, with a very mature head on his shoulders and knows exactly where he is going. It's refreshing to meet someone so young and so positive. 
I really enjoyed talking to Jordon Cox last night at the Lincolnshire Groups W I meeting. The church was full to bursting and he presented an enlightening and entertaining talk. The ladies were scribbling their notes, it certainly gave them something to think about, and I learnt a few things as well.
The world of money saving and frugality is ever changing. I am getting left behind, relying on the old fashioned make do and mend methods, Jordon is forging ahead embracing new technology with couponing, cashback deals, and apps. There are many different ways and options available to manage personal finance, I stick with the tried and tested, Jordon is hungry for more knowledge to help him better manage his money. 
One thing I have learnt from Money Saving Expert is, there isn't one solution that fits all. Everyone has different needs depending on their family circumstances, individual needs, lifestyle choices, the influences around them, and the area in which they live. I never tell people what they should be doing, I suggest what they might think about, I say how I would do it, but ultimately it's down to the individual to do what they think is best. 
I've found this yooootoooob video of Jordon giving a Ted talk. It's similar to what he did last night, a slightly shorter version. It all started when he was about 15, using coupons to save money on the weekly food shopping to help his mum. Look where he is now, Martin Lewis offered him a job, he works every day, and jets off to America on assignments. This young man is going to go far, he has a great career ahead of him. 



Old habits die hard, ha ha. I couldn't resist popping into the Lincoln branch of Tesco last night, it's only a short distance from the bypass. It was 9.30pm so I didn't expect much to be left. But, hey, I found something. Pancakes 18p, single cream 9p, salad 40p. Every little saving helps. While I was there I picked up a few essentials so I don't have to go to town today. Heidi's cat food was on offer, I had six packs of that, also bananas and  milk. I had a chat with the ladies at the checkout, made me very late home. They gave me a coupon at the till, £10 off when I spend £75 or more on electrical and gaming. Perhaps I ought to send that to Jordan  :o)



My lunch yesterday, salad leaves, still ok from the yellow sticker shop last week. YS mushrooms with one egg scrambled into them, plus a YS potato zapped in the microwave. Cheap and healthy. 
That's all for now, the weather is a bit cooler. Enjoy your weekend. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon. Toodle pip

Related Posts

Meeting Jordon.
4/ 5
Oleh