Thursday, November 10, 2016

Snuggly

Hello. Are you keeping warm, it's a bit chilly out there. If I keep my neck warm the rest of me usually stays warm as well. I often wear scarves, even in the house, but I remembered about this fleecy neck snuggly which I made a couple of years ago and dug it out of the cupboard. I posted about it, but I thought it's worth another mention because it's quick and easy to make, and someone else might like to have a go.  
All you need is a small childs fleecey top with a zip up the front. Mine was a hoodie, I bought it from a charity shop for 50p. It sits nicely around my neck, tucked inside my fleecy top. 
First I took the zip out, then cut across the middle off the garment under the armpits. I hemmed the two sides where the zip was, and hemmed the top. This one has two handy pockets, which could be used to hold a mobile phone, cash, or keys. I wrapped it around my neck and marked the places where the press studs needed to be.

Next I made a pair of fingerless gloves with the bottoms of the sleeves. Hem the cut edges, and put a few stitches between the thumb and first finger. They fit snugly round my wrists.

Keep a look out for a child's fleece in the charity shops, or maybe you have a child in the family who has outgrown theirs. Are you managing to keep warm?

I went to town this afternoon to collect two of my pictures from the Arts Centre. The third one is going to be in the Open Exhibition, which starts on Saturday and is on until February. I shall go tomorrow night for the preview.

Heidi is at the vet tomorrow morning, we need some more tablets, and they will be checking her blood count as well. She seems to be doing ok, she is quite lively and playful.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Snuggly
4/ 5
Oleh