Sunday, August 7, 2016

I'm ready for a sit down

Hello. I'm not sure if it was a good idea to tackle this job, perhaps I should have left it as it was. But hey ho, I've started so I'll finish. Not having the correct tools it's a bit of a drawback so I'll compromise. I've chopped away some of the ivy from around the trunks, but rather than balance precariously up a ladder with the loppers and try and remove more of the creeping stuff, I thought it best to attack the trunk lower down and topple it to the ground, pulling the ivy with it. Good plan eh! 
Crikey, it's tough going with a hand saw and a kitchen knife. I'll keep chipping away at it.  
Can't be too far off toppling now. Maybe if I grab a higher branch and pull it down with my body weight, all eight and three quarter stone of me.

YAY, done it, it's down.

That was a toughie, I've got three more like this. The outer bark is soft enough, but the core is rock hard.

I've worked up an appetite, lunch time I think.
Thanks for popping in, enjoy your Sunday. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

I'm ready for a sit down
4/ 5
Oleh