Thursday, May 5, 2016

You owe it to yourself to look after you

Hello. I know I bang on a bit about walking, but it is a topic that has the potential of leading everyone to a better, more fitter and healthier lifestyle. For me it is vitally important that I do the best I can for my body, my love of walking benefits me in so many ways. I feel alive when I am outside striding along. I feel connected to nature. I feel like I am oiling my joints, which need movement to slow up the process of seizing up, if I didn't use them. I cannot think of one negative thing about walking, it is so full of positives. 
I am really chuffed that some of you have taken on the 1000 mile walking challenge, Your mileage updates are heartwarming, I am so proud of you for making the effort. 
No matter where you live in the world you can find a place to walk. It might be from your front door, or at a local park, or along a beach, or around the streets if you live in a city or town. All it takes is that commitment and determination that you are going to do the best for your body. 
I really like this walking map of London. Everyone will recognize this as the Underground map. It has the different lines and the stations, and it also has the times it would take you to walk between the stations. If you use this to get to and from work, wouldn't it be a good idea to get off one station early and walk the rest? When I was in London a few years ago I walked everywhere and didn't use buses or the Underground at all. 

I have found an inspiring video on yooootooob, which you might want to look at. It explains all the benefits of walking, not only for your body fitness now, but also also holding back the ravages of old age, and keeping the mind active as well. Have a look if you need some motivation to keep moving.



There is a web site called Everybody Walk as well. It's American based but the message is the same the world over. Lots of videos to get you out of your seat and walking. Walking benefits everyone.

So there you are. The sun is out and I have things to do today, but you can bet your life there will be a walk in there. My own three mile walk, and I am walking Bella the Labradoodle.

Thanks for popping in. we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.


Related Posts

You owe it to yourself to look after you
4/ 5
Oleh