Wednesday, May 3, 2017

I should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky.

Hello. Nice morning again. This is something I am going to play around with, decorating a horseshoe. I've had this one for 20 years, it was here when I arrived at this house. It was nailed to the front of the garage, then fell off, and lay around for another few years. 
I read that Bransby Horses, a rescue near L:incoln, sell lucky horseshoes to make much needed funds. They are decorated with embellishments and made to look pretty. So this got me thinking, what could I do to my horseshoe to tart it up a bit. 
It was rusty so needed some kind of abrasion to get rid of it. I don't have the equipment or the patience to do that, but I know a man that can. 
Stan the Library man has come up trumps. He is into restoring cars and motorcycles and has all the equipment needed to buff up a piece of metal. This one was in a sorry state, but look at it now, Stan has worked his magic. It looks beautiful, very tactile, I want to stroke it. It hasn't been painted, just buffed with an electric wire brush. The rust has gone, and revealed a textured shiny surface. 

My first thought was to cover it in fabric or wool, but it is too nice for that. Stan says if it is left outside it will go rusty again, so I think it would be a nice decoration for a horsey abode, or even in someone's kitchen.  Another project waiting on the sidelines to be completed.

Someone mentioned that their comment did not appear. Just to remind everyone, they don't automatically appear on the blog when you hit the publish button. They come into my 'moderation box', first. I get to read them before I hit the publish button. This may not happen immediately because now that the weather is getting better I am starting to spend less time on the computer. Although it's nice that readers are able to speak to each other through the comments, it is not like a forum when responses come more quickly because several people are online at the same time. Replies on the blog take a bit longer to appear.

There is still time to add your walking miles to the post on the 1st of May, in fact you can do that at any time. Thank you to those who have done so already.

Again a nice start to the day, so I don't want to waste it, I'm off outside. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

Related Posts

I should be so lucky, lucky lucky lucky.
4/ 5
Oleh