Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Poppies in Hull

Hello. I've had a busy day today, and taken 87 photographs, there are lots to sort out. I'll have to put them into several posts, so come back over the next few days to get the full story. 
This morning I went to a Hedgehog Hospital with Helen, she is writing an article for her village newsletter. I went along to take some photos, and will write about that later. 
After lunch I caught the bus to Hull, there are some new art installations I want to see as part of the City of Culture 2017. The Maritime Museum is the site of the Poppies:Weeping Window installation. There are several thousand hand made ceramic poppies cascading down from an upper window. These poppies were originally seen at the Tower of London.







Looks pretty stunning don't you agree. The blue sky is a bonus. 
A little bit more information about it on this poster.

This is a good web site to check it out. There are some smashing photo's, click on Gallery and it will take you through them. If you hesitate for a couple of seconds as you click, it will enlarge each one to full screen.

I had a look round the Museum and spotted this nice view from an upstairs window. The flowers at Queens Gardens are always immaculate, the gardeners make a wonderful display.

I'll be back tomorrow with more photo's of my afternoon in Hull. Thanks for popping in, see you soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Poppies in Hull
4/ 5
Oleh