Thursday, February 16, 2017

Replenishing the food

Hello. Thank you for the tremendous amount of support you gave me on the post yesterday. I will read through your comments again to refresh my memory. You have given me a lot to think about. I am a person not to be rushed, things sink in better if I take my time. 
This morning I did a Jade dog walk. Regular walker Ken has gone away again, so I am helping out. I told the owner I don't want to commit to every day, she will have to find someone else. As luck would have it I bumped into Joanna in the High Street, remember the 1939 house? She loves dogs, and immediately took to Jade. Since her own dog died about a year ago she has missed the dog walking, and guess what, she said she would love to walk Jade. So that's a bit of good news. It will fit in nicely with the other things she does. 
This afternoon I made three shopping bags. I think this is fabric that Brenda gave me. It is cotton fabric so I made them double thickness, they are plain green inside.   
Tonight I did the yellow sticker dash to Tesco. Not as much there but still a few bargains. Bananas 14p, mushrooms 10p, bread 21p and 23p, salad leaves 10p and 10p, onions 10p and 10p, houmous 11p, macaroni cheese 82p and 82p. Not much off the macaroni cheese because it isn't out of date yet, I'll divide it into four portions and freeze it.
I've picked up a few things I don't normally buy, to get a bit of variety into my diet. Tagliatelle is £1.25, I can get four portions out of the bag. Frozen cheese sauce, £1.50, no idea what that's like, worth a try. Garlic baguette 32p.

Soya milk is 59p, same as Aldi. Potato salad 35p, two custard tarts 70p.

Six small yogurts £1, two packs of 6 vegetable grills £1 each, six eggs 89p, two blue cheese £1 each, Value quiche £1. That will make four meals with some veg. 
Value plain yogurt 45p, I fancied a milk shake, this was £1.

 A few tins. Peaches 35p, fruit cocktail on offer two for £1.50, rice pudding 20p, mushy peas 20p.
Other bits and bobs were, butter £1.09, cream crackers 35p, pack of 12 scones £1, milk 45p. Total shop was £24.55. I have got lots of vegetables in the freezer so I will be using them up before I buy fresh. I have enough potatoes and bread for a couple of weeks. I should have enough food to last ten days or more.

It's getting late so I'm off to bed. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

Related Posts

Replenishing the food
4/ 5
Oleh