Sunday, January 8, 2017

Big move during the night in Hull

Hello. I wish I'd known about this, I would have been there. A wind turbine blade has been installed in Hull City Centre overnight. I just love big load manoeuvres. Those guys at ALE, Abnormal Load Engineering at Stafford, certainly know how to squeeze these monsters through small spaces. I used to work with them when I was on Leicester Heavy Haulage. Their skill is amazing, they have some brilliant kit.

Looks like they cleared Queen Victoria Square of the light show equipment overnight, and brought in cranes to install cradles which will support the wind turbine blade. The move was planned for a 2am start from the Siemens Factory. This is part of the Year of Culture, and will be on display until March.



I have a fascination for all things heavy haulage, I was part of it for three years. Ah well, that's in the past, but I have some brilliant memories, and when I see them on the road part of me wishes I could turn back the clock and do it all over again.

Back to my artwork. Have a nice Sunday. Toodle pip


Related Posts

Big move during the night in Hull
4/ 5
Oleh