Thursday, December 1, 2016

Not impressed.

Hello. I was in town today, library, bank, a couple of shops, cat food, coffee and a few other bits. I was passing a jewelers shop, they are full of Christmas stock at the moment. I wondered why this rather posh shop had lot's of these ugly brown bags in the window. In my opinion they are not at all attractive, in fact I think they are pretty awful, wouldn't be seen dead carrying one. Then I noticed the price labels, WHAT, £728 for that, chuffin crazy. I haven't the faintest idea who would want to pay that sort of money for a brown plastic bag with a bit of leather trimming on it. 

Crikey, the window was full of them, all the same boring brown, all cost an arm and a leg. Yuk, they are so ugly.


I will never understand the hunger for a designer label. What's a bag for anyway? There is only one purpose for carrying a bag, and that's to cart stuff around in it. Most of the time I don't even carry a bag, unless it's one of my shopping bags, or a rucksack. My pockets are quite adequate for keeping my purse, camera, keys, and phone in. 
Designer bags do nothing for me. This is my hold all, it's great for a few days away. This is far better than a posh bag, because it cost me no money at all, it was given to me. 
This bag is handy for a day out, carry my sandwiches and drink, and a few other bits and pieces, a brolly, a fold up rain mac. Another really useful bag, and it cost me no money at all. It belonged to my mother, it has great sentimental value, she died 35 years ago.
Designer bags? No thanks. Labels do not impress me at all.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

Related Posts

Not impressed.
4/ 5
Oleh