Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Table lamp makeover

Hello. I was planning on going out today, but it was too darn hot, so instead I got on with the job of finishing this lamp makeover. These are the after pictures, down at the bottom is the before picture. I know which I prefer. I was given two matching lamps, I didn't like them so I donated one to the Heart Foundation charity shop, and gave the shade from the other one to the Age UK shop. I found another, smaller shade at a car boot sale for 50p. 
I have enclosed the base in crochet, using oddments I already have. I started with a circle at the bottom, increasing the stitches to accommodate the widest point, then working my way up with the lamp inside, I decreased as it got narrower near the top. 

I added the cross stitch to pull it in a bit tighter because there was some puckering around that part, I should have maybe not gone so wide. I think the disguise works and the mistake is not so noticeable.


The shade is a creamy hessian type, I could have left it plain, but I like to jazz things up a bit, and think the hearts look lovely. I doodled them on with felt tip pens using templates.

Now shall I put it on top of the stereo.....

or on the shelf over the gas fire.
The before picture, yuk me no like. 
So, if you have anything you don't particularly like, maybe you could think of a way to tart it up. I suppose I could have given both of them away, but I saw the potential to make something more to my liking. My lamp is a unique creation, no one has another one like it. I like to be different.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip 

Related Posts

Table lamp makeover
4/ 5
Oleh