Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Bimbling in Yorkshire

Hello from sunny Yorkshire. I've had a little bimble around the Helmsley area today, eleven more miles in my new boots, and they are dead comfy, so I'm well chuffed. I'm at the Youth Hostel, it's a good base with lots of walks to choose from. 
I've been on farm tracks, through fields, into woods, through the trees, and sweated buckets, it's been chuffin hot today.  
Alongside Riccal Dale Wood are lots of feeders and water pots for the pheasant population. I wouldn't want to be around here when they are scared into taking flight by the beaters, then blasted out of the sky with shotguns. 
Beautiful woodland walk. No one around it's very quiet, just me and the birds. 
How convenient that someone has put a bench here, just at the point where the path goes down to the bottom, with a steep climb up the other side. 
It's harvest time, people are busy getting the crops in.
I am lucky to have a room to myself tonight, only a few people in the hostel. Now I'm going to chill out and read a book. Looking forward to a full days walking tomorrow.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

Related Posts

Bimbling in Yorkshire
4/ 5
Oleh