Friday, September 16, 2016

A little bit more of Lincoln

Hello. A few more pics of Lincoln. Here is the official web site of the Cathedral.



Wandering through the arch into Bailgate I came across a lorry loading up a portable toilet block. Not any old toilet block but a super duper luxury mobile toilet. Wow, not seen one like this before. Doesn't it look pretty. Now what about using similarly decorated shipping containers as starter homes? Good idea eh!.

And if you want to hire it you can just about make out the phone number above the door for the Ladies.

Steep Hill, is an eerrmmm, very steep hill. I walked down it and up it. Little crafty shops, and cake shops, and eateries.

The River Witham runs through Lincoln. Here is a boat about to sail underneath the High street. 
I took a walk down to Brayford Waterfront and did a circuit of it. Private boats moored, a cruise boat taking people for a ride, and a restaurant floating on the water.


The Brayford Way road bridge crosses it at one end so I took the steps up to the top to get to the other side of the water. There is a lot of building work going on and my attention was caught by a lorry getting it's load of steel unloaded. Just for nostalgia's sake I watched a while. It brought back memories, I used to deliver Condor Steel for Leicester Heavy Haulage to numerous building sites around the country just like this one. The man on the trailer is not the driver, he is a slinger. It's his job to hook up the chains and give directions to the crane driver. I am fascinated to watch how precise the crane driver and slinger work together. 

Time was getting on so I walked back up that steep hill to my car. I like Lincoln, but as with all towns and cities, after an hour in a shopping area busy with people, I just want to get out. I am a country bumpkin at heart.

The smell of Bugsy's litter box is wafting past my nose, I'm going to have to get up and clean it out. Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

A little bit more of Lincoln
4/ 5
Oleh