Friday, August 5, 2016

Much work to do in the garden

Hello. I loaded these pictures last night but then I was too tired to add the words. I am up around six every morning then get a bit knackered after a full day of doing stuff. Yesterday I was sewing in the morning, chopping down hedges in the afternoon, plus the walk, and I did a late Tesco shop in the evening. 
Today I need to do some more garden clearing, up the side of the garage. My neighbour is putting in a wooden fence in a couple of weeks time, so I need to clear the weeds out of my side of the boundary to give him room to work. I think a trip to the council tip will be on the cards for later on. 
This is how the latest picture is going, it's slow progress. The base is covered with the red mesh bags, next is adding the green foliage for the flowers I am planning to put on later.  
The back shows how much stitching I have done so far. I am going to add a large piece of sturdy fabric to the back of this now before I start the next lot of stitching, to make it more solid.

The shopping last night. Not many people in the store and some yellow stickers for me. Spent £33. It's almost three weeks since I last went to Tesco, I did a top up shop at Aldi in between. Fridge now full again.

Here's a little reminder, it's Shed of the Year tonight, Chanel 4 at 8pm. As usual, I shall be watching it later. Here is George posing with some of the sheddies who dressed up for the occasion.

Thank you all for your useful tips on staying safe in your house. Please read all the comments and make some notes of things you want to remember. Time moves on quickly on this blog and posts soon get buried. Topics do get repeated on occasions, but I like to keep things fresh and move on, it's up to you to make notes. You can always open a folder on your computer to store links, or copy and paste, topics you want to refer back to later.

Here is a little bit of fun to finish off with. The giant benches that make adults feel like children. Very amusing. On the BBC website.

Right, the kids want their breakfast, and I have plenty to do. We'll catch up soon, have a nice day.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Much work to do in the garden
4/ 5
Oleh