Thursday, August 25, 2016

Goodbye, and hello.

Hello. I've been to Uncle Stan's funeral today. It was held at St Mary's Church, Stretton, Burton upon Trent. There were a lot of people there. This is his self portrait which was on the front cover of the Order of Service. 
After the service we all moved on to the Burton Albion Football Club for refreshments. This is a blast from the past. Ben Robinson, the chairman of the club used to go to the same school as me, he was a couple of years above me. Fifty two years have passed since I left school, and I am walking down the corridor at the football club and who should I see but Ben. We recognized each other straight away, how lucky that he was there today, and he remembered my name. He was very popular at school, all the girls liked him including me. I fell for his lovely smile, and look, he still has it. You wouldn't believe he is approaching his 71st birthday would you. He is as handsome now as he was then. I was so excited to see him today
It was a sad day to say goodbye to Uncle Stan, but it was nice to meet with relatives and share our  memories. And what a bonus to meet Ben.

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Goodbye, and hello.
4/ 5
Oleh