Saturday, August 20, 2016

A big thank you

Hello. I've got some pictures sorted out for you, and to keep a record on my blog about the time my shed won the best Budget Category in the Shed of the Year. I could not show you this one of me and George before because I have my rosette pinned to my bag, and it would give the game away. I did so enjoy hugging him, now I'm not so sure which one is more huggable. George is taller, I like tall men, but I like William's cheeky grin and floppy hair. I bet George would look nice with a beard, he should give it a go. 


I've made a little video to thank everyone who voted for my shed.



Next are some photo's I took from the TV screen while Paul backtracked and paused the recorded programme.

Someone asked about the William picture. I was asked to do that by Plum Pictures the film company, they thought it would be good fun. I didn't want to do it because I am not very good at faces, I am more a landscapes, trees and flowers stitcher, but I said I would give it a go. I have added some stitching but it needs a lot more. If it gets finished it won't look like William, because I can't do faces. I am thinking of making it into a 'Wanted', poster, more of a joke that a portrait.



The ones with the blue button at the bottom of the screen are those that Paul took with his phone. 
 I must say that the Summer House/Beach Hut looks magnificent on a large flat screen. The colours were dazzling.

And this is what I won. A plaque which is now in my kitchen front window for the time being until I can decided where to put it permanently. Note the red lettering, I am customizing it. The dark letters are a bit boring, a touch of paint will brighten it up. 
A perfect rosette in pink.

And a mug for my morning coffee.

Ooooh William, I didn't know you cared. 
He's gone, I am alone once more. It was nice while it lasted.

That's it, it's all over.

Cheers, thanks to Janet and Paul, my best friends in the village.


When I stood on the stage at the end as George was about to announce the overall winner I knew it wouldn't be me. I built mine in about six weeks, some of them had taken a lot longer, and had a lot more work and detail in them. There were far better sheds than mine. West Wing was a very worthy winner, I loved his eco shed with the secret door. So pleased that Oliver's shed on the allotment won his category. I liked Povero, the artists massive shed with all his artworks. I liked the home made sheds the best, those that had been built from scratch by one person.

What next? Oh, I'll find something else to do. I've got four spare doors out the back and two pieces of poly roofing plastic, might build an extension. I'm pleased that so many people have been inspired by my 'have a go', outlook on life. It's true, you don't need loads of money to have a good life. The only limitations are those you impose on yourself. Have a go, and let's see more ladies in Shed of the Year, next year.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon. Have a nice weekend.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

A big thank you
4/ 5
Oleh