Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The fireplace is reborn, cost 20p

Hello. Hey, what about this then, good innit. I have been sitting in this living room for twenty years looking at that horrible brown fire surround, why didn't I do something with it earlier. Look at the transformation, it makes the room a lot brighter.  
I used the sample pots I bought from Woolies when it closed down, 4p each. They have come in useful for all kinds of tarting up and crafty jobs. 
Whoever cemented the facing bricks in didn't do a very good job, there are a few holes here and there in the mortar. I've tried to disguise them with dollops of white paint. It looks better if you step back from it.


I am well chuffed with it. The walls are plain lemon and the fireplace is now a nice feature. Still got some paint left, I wonder what else I can find which needs a facelift, ha ha. Got the bug now.

Thanks for popping in. We'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

The fireplace is reborn, cost 20p
4/ 5
Oleh