Friday, May 5, 2017

A walk from Sewerby to Flamborough Head.

Hello. There are a lot of pictures to show so I will split them into manageable sized posts. My two days away started when I parked at Sewerby Village car park. I didn't actually go into the car park because it was £2.90 for the day, not bad I suppose, but I would rather not pay at all for parking. The access road outside had no restrictions, and there was room to park without getting in anyone's way. It's in striking distance from the beach so that's the direction I headed for. 
Sewerby Hall is close by, here is the Land Train setting off for Bridlington. I am going in the opposite direction. Seeing this made me a bit sad, it reminded me of when I brought Rocky here, we had a lovely day out. I pushed him in the buggy along the Promenade to Bridlington, and we came back on the train. 
Happy memories which brings tears to my eyes. Still miss him. 
Sewerby Cricket Club were out enjoying their sport. I didn't hang about to watch, it's not my scene. 
Sewerby Hall, looking fab in the sun.

Onward I went towards Flamborough Head. Although sunny, the wind was biting cold. The views were lovely, but not warm enough to sit and daydream.

There are a lot of steps up and down as the track meanders around the gullies. This is Danes Dyke.

One of the few places where the beach is accessible on this coastline. 

Onward and upward, the coastal path goes along the top of the cliffs.

South Landing is another place with access to the Beach. Anyone want to build a sandcastle, buckets and spades for sale here.

I saw quite a few people with binoculars, and cameras with ginormous lenses. It's a bird spotters haven here. 

Oooops, best be careful then. The path was perilously close to the edge at times, and it was very windy. this is the long stretch from South Landing to Flamborough Head.

The roar of the sea followed me the whole time. The wind was causing it to rush onto the beach. Would have been good for surfers, if they could stand the cold.

Breathtaking views. 


After a hard push against the wind I arrived at Flamborough Head. The Foghorn Station. 

I have been inside this lighthouse before on a previous visit, so I won't go in this time. You can read about it here.

I'm going to make a break here, and resume the story tomorrow. with more photo's. Come back if you want to read more. Thanks for popping in, see you soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

A walk from Sewerby to Flamborough Head.
4/ 5
Oleh