Friday, April 7, 2017

My new campervan

Hello. I gave my car a good going over today, it was rather mucky. I don't like car cleaning as much as I don't like housework, it's something I do when I have to. You wash a car and drive around dusty and/or muddy country roads and it gets mucky again. I can't remember the last time I did it, it looks nice now. I got the dyson out and cleaned the inside, so it's had a bit of a pamper. 
You may be wondering what I have got in the back. The back seats are down flat, and I have a piece of foam in there. I was testing to see if it is the right size, and yes it fits. I found it last week when I was looking for a small lampshade at the second hand furniture store. The foam was folded in quarters so I couldn't see how big it was. I thought I could make some pet beds with it. I asked the man how much he wanted for it. He said £2. I thought that was a fair price. 
It doesn't look as though I will be making any pet beds, because now it is the bed in my new campervan. This will come in very handy when I am out and about and don't have anywhere to stay. I'll have a duvet, bottom sheet, and some pillows in there, it will be dead cosy. Home from home in my car. Good idea eh!
I collected Heidi's tablets from the vet today, and on the way back I called at the small Tesco to see if there were any reductions. They sometimes have a few things, worth popping in if passing. Four avocado's for 80p. Mushrooms 67p. Four apples 47p. Iceberg lettuce 46p. Not massive savings but worth having.

It's bills time again. Severn Trent Water, £27.94, this is for surface water drainage for six months. The Anglian Water bill will arrive soon for supply of clean water. The gas and electric bills came today, they have over estimated the readings, that's because I haven't sent any in. I am changing supplier and have sent the new readings today to the new supplier. I rang the Meterline and told my present supplier the same readings so they can send me revised bills. The changeover is a lot easier because I don't do direct debits.

Although I am staying with Ebico their previous partner was SSE so the bills came from there. They have a new partner now, Robin Hood Energy, so I presume my next bills will come from them. It's all been a bit confusing for people, especially those on direct debit, there's been a big discussion about it on Money Saving Expert. We had a choice whether to stay with SSE, or move to Ebico/RHE. As I have have had no problems at all in the last three years I decided to stick with Ebico.

Time for a drink and bed. It's the weekend and the forecast is fine weather, so get out there and enjoy yourselves. Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

My new campervan
4/ 5
Oleh