Saturday, February 4, 2017

Nice day for a walk into town

Hello. It was such a lovely day today that I had to go out for a walk. I decided to go to town and check in at the Art Gallery. They have a couple of new exhibitions on, and they have recently had to re arrange the Open Exhibition because of falling masonry from the old church building. The pictures, including one of mine, are now in the new part of the building. 
Walking out of the village I took a path across a field. Many of the fields round here have been given over to growing turf. It must be a profitable crop as they have been producing it for a few years now. 
A short stretch of wood to go through.

Then out the other side along a very boggy track. It was easier to walk along the edge of the field rather than plod through the mud.

Past the fishing pond. No one about, probably out of season now.

Then a stretch along the road , and along a footpath past the large pond. This is where Rocky used to go swimming. There is a video of him swimming in the video page, click on the link above. 
The pond was part of the Old Steelworks, they took ages to dig all the pollution out of it and turn it into a haven for wildlife.

This notice was pinned to the gate. I am too late to protest about the planning application to allow jet skiing on it. I hope they are refused. There is a jet ski lake on the other side of town, I don't know why they want to come here.

Coming into Scunthorpe, I was saddened to see how filthy it was. Rubbish all along the verges, it looks a proper dump. Two people came out of a driveway, drinking cola from cans. They walked in my direction just in front of me. They had only taken a couple of swigs and decided they didn't want them, so tossed the half full cans onto a small patch of communal garden. Disgusting yobbish behaviour. I wasn't going to challenge them because they looked the kind of people who would give you a mouthful of abuse. The whole area round there is run down, no one takes any pride in their surroundings any more. It's quite depressing to see.

I got the 4.30pm bus back from town. Five and a half miles are added to my total.

Dinner was cheap and quick tonight. A packet of Pasta and Sauce Macaroni Cheese, from Aldi, about 39p I think, can't remember exactly. I don't normally buy this, but I thought it would be a change, and handy to have if I didn't feel like cooking. Topped with some garlicky mushrooms. Tasted lovely.

I took some photo's in the Art Gallery, I'll put them on asap. Now I'm going to relax.
Thanks for popping in. Enjoy your Sunday, I'm out for the day visiting rellies.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Nice day for a walk into town
4/ 5
Oleh