Tuesday, January 31, 2017

No problem, I'll make one.

Hello. Thank you for the many more messages coming in. You are so kind. I'm taking one day at a time, looking for things to occupy my time and my mind. Can't sit around feeling sorry for myself. Bugsy had the best life ever, I made him that promise when he first came into my life. For the last few years he knew he was the King of the Castle, mooching  around his domain,  checking on his subjects, letting them know he was boss. Nothing bothered him, he was so laid back. The last few months while he was living on the table we had conversations, face to face. He knew he was loved. We were a team, I am grateful that I have lovely memories of him. 
 I'll tell you about a little invention I made yesterday. I bought my sewing machine about the time I retired, nearly eight years ago, it was just under £100, nothing fancy, it does what I want it to do. 
This is the piece I am working on at the moment, patchwork pieces. I cut out some brown strips of fabric for the tree, it's a heavy material and frays a lot. I laid them out where I wanted them.

Hand sewing was going to take too long, so I thought machining would be best, but the pieces were in danger of falling off while I was doing it. I need a wider flatter surface around the machine to support it and  keep it all flat. 
I could make one out of wood, but that might take a while, and it's too cold to work outdoors at the moment. So, I had a look around and found a sturdy cardboard box that I brought my groceries home in from Aldi. Measured the height, exactly three inches, perfect. I cut an aperture in it, the width and length of the machine base.

 Covered the top with sticky white glossy paper, and slid it onto the machine.

Perfect. Now I have a flat surface to support my work, and it cost nothing.
Does the job just fine. A good invention I think. 
It's lunch time and I am going out this afternoon, so I'll sign off. Don't forget, tomorrow is the 1st of February, the day the Walking Group clock in with their mileages.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip.

Related Posts

No problem, I'll make one.
4/ 5
Oleh