Sunday, January 29, 2017

Goodbye my little friend

Hello. I'm not saying much today, my beloved Bugsy has passed away. I went out last night to Helen's 50th birthday party, and when I came back I sat in a comfortable chair with Bugsy on my knee, for an hour. I put him to bed with his hot water bottles. He hadn't eaten very much in the last 48 hours and I planned to take him to the vet on Monday morning.

This morning when I came downstairs, I knew he was very poorly. He was laid stretched out and had been sick where he lay. I rang the emergency number for the vet and she said to bring him straight away. I asked for a home visit, but she said it would be quicker if I brought him in. He was barely conscious so wouldn't have known what was happening. When the time came to say goodbye I think he knew I was there, I held his head and he gave a little murmur. One hour later I was bringing him home.

He is now buried in the garden. He loved the garden, lying in the sunshine watching me and the other cats, and Rocky, coming and going. Rest in peace my little boy, my best friend for 20 years. He came to me when I was in need of some comfort after a messy relationship broke down. His previous owner kept going away and leaving him when he was only a kitten. We both needed someone to love, and we found each other.

Sorry, no more words.
Ilona

Related Posts

Goodbye my little friend
4/ 5
Oleh