Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Going round in circles

Hello. Thank you all so much for your comments on the previous post. I needed to write it down and explain why I didn't mention Rocky on here for a while. I wanted you to know that I didn't give up on him. Thank you for understanding.

Remember this experiment, slashing the fabric to expose the colours underneath. I saw the technique on a yoootooob video and had a go. Sandwich lots of scraps between two pieces of fabric. I chose to machine stitch in circles, it can be done in lines up and down. Then slash through the top fabric in between the stitching with a small pair of scissors and down into the layers, but not the bottom piece.


Look what it has turned into. 
 I have added lots of running stitches in different colours into the corners.

More running stitches in circles, with beads added. The centre is a circle of red felt with pearl and gold beads stitched into it. Hasn't come out very well in the picture but it looks nice.

I had a gold frame which someone gave me, it fits in there perfectly. Haven't put the glass in because it would squash the ruffles. 
It's turned out a lot better than I thought it would, not bad for an experiment. I'm rather chuffed with it.

Thanks for popping in, we'll catch up soon.
Toodle pip

Related Posts

Going round in circles
4/ 5
Oleh